- Do I need to apply online or can I complete a paper application at the store?
You need to fill out an online application. This will allow our HR department and hiring managers to review and track the status of your application.
- How can I check the status of my application?
We make every effort to keep you informed of your application status through emails. If you have not received an email notification, you will need to contact the store or office location where you applied to work. The hiring manager will be able to give you an update on your application.
- How old do I have to be to work for St. Vincent de Paul?
You need to be at least 16 years old to work for SVdP. Please read the online job posting for any job specific requirements.
- I submitted an application but did not get an email response?
We do our best to contact all applicants through email. Please check your email on a regular basis. Don’t forget to check your junk or spam mailbox if you haven’t received an email.
- Timing Expectation - when will I hear back after I apply?
Timing varies based upon which positions are open and the location that you selected during the application process.
- Will I be notified if I am not selected for an interview?
Yes, you will be informed via email if you are not selected to move forward in the application process.
- Can I choose the store I work in?
Yes. Please submit your application to the store location(s) online for the specific position(s) in which you are interested.
- How often do I get paid?
All SVdP employees are paid bi-weekly.
- What is the dress code for working at SVdP?
In the retail stores, each employee will be issued SVdP shirts to wear. Employees may wear jeans, and shorts are allowed during hot weather. Please choose clothing that does not have tears/rips. Close-toed shoes are required. Business casual is the dress code at the Council Office.
- Will I have to work weekends and holidays?
SVdP retail stores are open 7 days a week with the exception of our Dellwood location. Stores are closed on the following holidays: New Years’ Day, Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- What do I have to do to get promoted?
A number of factors are evaluated by the Store Manager and Assistant Store Director. Key factors can include customer service, time in position, job performance, customer service, attendance, embracing the mission of SVdP, teamwork, customer service, knowledge of job skills. work pace and, of course, customer service.