The Voice of the Poor Committee’s mission is based on Catholic social teaching.
Our mission is to break the cycle of poverty by inspiring Vincentians to be effective servants of the poor and voices for just policies and systems. We put our mission into action by supporting legislation that will help our neighbors in need and proactively opposing legislation that will make life harder for them.
There are 7 major themes:
1. Life and Dignity of the Human Person
2. Call to Family, Community, and Participation
3. Rights and Responsibilities
4. Option for the Poor and Vulnerable
5. The Dignity of Work and Rights of Workers
7. Care for God’s Creation
For more information on or questions about the Voice of the Poor Committee, contact Dianne Marshak at [email protected].