Thank you for choosing St. Vincent de Paul for your donation of new or gently used clothing, home goods, and furniture. We also accept vehicle donations. Our thrift stores are one of our largest fundraising programs, and we rely on your generosity.
HOW TO DONATE
Donation Hours: Monday - Saturday, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Ballwin Donation Hours: Monday - Saturday, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
(Please note: Our 1310 Papin Street office is not a donation center.)
Or, you can place items in one of our many donation bins throughout the St. Louis area.
Because the St. Vincent de Paul Society sells items to support our programs, we cannot accept donated items that we cannot sell. Please do not donate items that are ripped, stained, broken, missing parts, or otherwise unusable or in need of repair. All electronics and appliances should be less than 10 years old and in working order. A good rule of thumb is “Would I give this to a neighbor?” To determine the value of your donation, please refer to the IRS Donor’s Guide to Thrift Shop Donations.
GRATEFULLY WE ACCEPT
- Clothing, shoes, purses, and accessories for women, men, and children.
- Kitchen items: dishes, flatware, glasses, pots and pans, bakeware, small appliances (toaster ovens, microwaves, coffeemakers, etc.).
- Major appliances: washers, dryers, refrigerators, freezers, stoves, ovens, grills. Must be less than 10 years old, clean, and electric. No gas appliances.
- Hospital equipment: walkers, wheelchairs, crutches, etc.
- Exercise equipment: all accepted except NordicTrack skier
- Home goods: linens, rugs, artwork, framed mirrors, baskets, decorative items.
- Furniture: bedroom sets, living room, dining/family rooms, china cabinets, armoires, outdoor furniture, lamps, lighting, etc.
- Electronics: computers, monitors, DVD and VCR players, phones, radios, speakers, flat screen televisions less than five years old.
- Media: books, records, compact discs, DVDs.
- Miscellaneous: unopened toiletries, barbecues, working lawnmowers, power tools, sports equipment, functional bicycles, musical instruments, VHS tapes (original copies only)
- Cars in our vehicle donation program.
SORRY, WE CANNOT ACCEPT
- Infant car seats and cribs
- Gas Appliances
- Swing sets
- Sleeper sofas
- Entertainment systems
- Entertainment centers
- Automotive parts
- Mirrors without frames
- Metal hangers
- Metal furniture
- Executive/secretary desks
- Copies of VHS tapes and blank VHS tapes
- China cabinets
- Armoires over 6 ft tall/6 ft long
- Building supplies: doors, vanities, cabinets, countertops, lumber, light fixtures, ceiling fans
- Excessively large, heavy, or multipart furniture, such as waterbeds, hospital beds, pool tables.
- Anything marked flammable, poisonous, or hazardous (including acids, cleaning supplies, pesticides, paints, oils, propane tanks, etc.)
- Anything that is ripped, stained, broken, fire/smoke damaged, or otherwise in unsellable condition. (Would you give it to your neighbor?)
The St. Vincent de Paul Society gratefully acknowledges donations from manufacturers, retailers, distributors, and other companies. Donate your excess inventory, unsold merchandise, or items with minor imperfections. By donating, you help St. Louis families in need, and practice green business by minimizing your landfill usage. Donations are also tax deductible. Call (314) 881-6006 to arrange a corporate donation. Call center hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday, 8 a.m. to noon. Become a corporate partner today!