- Air Conditioning Assistance: Air conditioning units are provided to Neighbors in Need during the hot summer months.
- Bridges Program: The Bridges Program is an assistance program resource for Neighbors to move out of poverty.
- Burial and Cremation: The Society of St. Vincent De Paul works with Calvary Cemetery to provide Christian burials for people and families who have no insurance or material means for a burial.
- Disaster Relief: The Society partners with a variety of community partners such as the American Red Cross of Eastern Missouri to help victims access the resources they need in times of declared disasters.
- Bed Program: Conferences can give a Neighbor in Need a voucher which may be redeemed for a complete bed. Pillows, sheet sets, and bed frames are included, too.
- Prescription Drug Assistance: SVdP partners with Castia Rx to provide prescription drugs at no cost to those in need.
- Thrift Stores: Families can find furniture for their home, clothing, bedding, household goods, books, toys and more. Often during home visits, our volunteers discover that a family may not have furniture to sit on, a kitchen table to eat on, or beds to sleep in. In these cases, a voucher is provided to the family, which they can redeem for specific goods in the stores.
- Utility Assistance: SVdP of St. Louis responds to the critical need of utility assistance for our Neighbors in Need, helping neighbors meet the basic needs of a healthy, safe place to live.
- Housing Assistance: Help can be provided with rent, mortgage payments, and for some, short/long-term housing needs.